Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2022

340. Hebdomeros

Hebdomeros
Giorgio de Chirico
1929
Around 270 pages












My library never heard of Hebdomeros, and there is no adequate ebook copy of this novel floating around the internet. You guys know I won't give up so easily, and will make Hebdomeros my Rosebud if need be (although my last words would probably be "I might be pronouncing it incorrectly, my b"). I did manage to locate it on Amazon for $30. Was it worth such a significant portion of my income?

No. 

RATING: **---

Interesting Facts:

The American writer Thomas Pynchon refers to Hebdomeros as a "dream novel" in his own debut novel, V. Barf-o-rama.

UP NEXT: Look Homeward, Angel by Thomas Wolfe. I think a guy once asked me if I like Thomas Wolfe, and I said yes, I loved The Bonfire of the Vanities. Oof.

No comments: