Pages

Friday, November 24, 2023

674. Correction

Correction
Thomas Bernhard
1975
Around 260 pages




















This is a lot of post modernism to cope with at once. Can't we get a bit of a break, at least before we have to deal with Dead Babies? 

Unfortunately, the List has denied my request, so we get this. Roithamer is a philosopher who has obsessed with constructing a conelike habitation for his sister. This isn't my first Bernhard, and let me tell you, the guy had more sister issues than Nabokov. 

The point of view was interesting, but doesn't it feel like we have had hundreds of novels detailing a mental breakdown? It's an intentionally claustrophobic work, given, you know, the Cone. So more readable than other post modernists, but still a bit of a slog.

Sorry for the crankiness for the post. My throat is sore and I don't have ice cream, and I can't take this many cone related disappointments.

RATING: **---

Interesting Facts:

His will forbade any of his works from being published in Austria.

UP NEXT: Dead Babies by Martin Amis

1 comment:

Diana said...

Weird interesting fact....I wonder why?