Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

801. Wittgenstein's Mistress

Wittgenstein's Mistress
David Markson
1988
Around 250 pages



















This is a novel in the style of Samuel Beckett, heavily praised by David Foster Wallace. If you aren't running for cover based on that description, you have poor self-preservation instincts.

Kate is typing away on her typewriter, recording every thought that goes through her mind. It is heavy with allusions, and oh my gosh, does it drag for only being 247 pages. I guess if you are interested in solipsism, this will scratch that itch. I won't judge you if that's the case, you probably don't even exist.

Skippable, and I think I've had enough Wittgenstein on this List.

RATING: ***--

Interesting Facts:

Rejected 54 times before publication.

UP NEXT: The Beautiful Room is Empty by Edmund White

No comments: