Pages

Friday, July 29, 2022

345. The Apes of God

The Apes of God
Wyndham Lewis
1930
Around 625 pages











Wow, does this guy seem like a tool, particularly with the early 2000s Jared Padalecki haircut. He's like a less well known James Joyce, and while it's a toss up which one makes me want to walk into the sea more, at least you can complain about JJ with other people. I've never met anybody I can talk to about Lewis except my therapist and he no longer takes my calls.

Dan Boleyn takes on the London art world, supported by his patron Horace Zagreus. Lewis satirizes the personalities of the art scene, which I suppose would be hilarious if you knew the mannerisms of Osbert, Edith, and Sacheverell Sitwell. 

Long and boring, and unfortunately, there are many more Lewis books to go.

RATING: *----

Interesting Facts:

Lewis wrote 40 books, and was a dick to his wife and kids.

UP NEXT: Cakes and Ale by W. Somerset Maugham

No comments: