Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

961. Choke

Choke
Chuck Palahniuk
2001
Around 295 pages



















Okay, we had two masterpieces of novels, now the List is back to trying to make me vomit again. I'm not saying I loved chocolate pudding before reading this, but I don't appreciate it being ruined for me forever. 

Once again, we get a dark, psychological novel about a sexually disturbed man with mommy issues. I remember watching Joker and thinking how heavily it was borrowing from Choke, but I guess all these stories are so similar that they feel like they blur together.

I would definitely put Burroughs, Ellis, and Palahniuk works in the same category of gross novels starring supremely unlikable and misogynistic men. Skip!

RATING: -----

Interesting Facts:

Adapted to film in 2008.

UP NEXT: At Swim, Two Boys by Jamie O'Neill

No comments: