Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2024

963. Fury

Fury
Salman Rushdie
2001
Around 260 pages



















Well, we are finally done with Rushdie novels. I never got pleasure from dunking on the guy; so many people want him dead that it just felt slightly gross to add to any din. Personally, I just don't like his storytelling technique, but that doesn't even feel relevant when discussing the importance of his novels. But I rate these books by my own enjoyment, so let's just get through this as quickly as possible.

Malik Solanka is a millionaire from Bombay who creates a puppet called "Little Brain." Ugh, it's Sabbath's Theater all over again. I preferred Roth, which really demonstrates how rough I found this reading experience.

Like I said, this is our last Rushdie and it's hard to do a ranking when you disliked them all equally. It's just a style issue for me, and I've had my fill lately of novels about men dealing with their "demons."

RATING: **---

Interesting Facts:

As a reminder, in 2009 Rushdie signed a petition in support of film director Roman Polanski, calling for his release after Polanski was arrested in Switzerland in relation to his 1977 charge for drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl.

UP NEXT: The Body Artist by Don DeLillo

No comments: