Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2024

992. Dining on Stones

Dining on Stones
Iain Sinclair
2004
Around 465 pages

















Once again, the only thing stopping me from being completely bored by an Iain Sinclair novel is my love of London, and the little thrill I get when he references a tube station or road that I am familiar with. Otherwise, it's kind of a snore.

I'm not entirely sure what this novel was about. The main character who was sort of Andrew Norton and sort of Iain Sinclair, once again walks around London, bitching about his ex wives, his literary reputation, and the book he may or may not write. Not exactly riveting stuff.

I think Iain Sinclair must have had a man on the inside. One novel, probably London Orbital, would have been enough to get the gist of this guy. If he weren't so obsessed with my favorite city, he would really irritate me. As is, he's just kind of boring. 

RATING: **---

Interesting Facts:

In addition to his writing, Iain Sinclair also produces and appears in many documentaries.

UP NEXT: The Lambs of London by Peter Ackroyd

No comments: