Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

409. Tropic of Capricorn

Tropic of Capricorn
Henry Miller
1939
Around 370 pages


















Well, I hated Tropic of Cancer, so I wasn't expecting much from this particular literary venture. Henry Miller is trying his damnedest to freak us out. But I remain unfreaked.

Who the hell knows what happened in this novel. The story jumps around in time and I guess are scattered recollections from his sexual past. Usually, I appreciate good serving of a hot gossip, but I didn't really care to read about what went on in Miller's bedroom.

So we finally got this one over with and now, it's clear skies- damn, I just remembered Finnegan's Wake is coming up. Modernism is the worst.

RATING: *----

Interesting Facts:

Banned in the United States until a DOJ ruling in 1961.

Dedicated to his second wife June.

UP NEXT: At Swim-Two-Birds by Flann O'Brien

No comments: